1. What do you you want to be when you grow up?
A Secret Service agent. Until I learned that you might have to take a bullet in the line of duty, and it quickly lost its appeal.
2. What is your favorite quote of all time?
All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
3. Philosophy, religion, or spirituality?
I’m an atheist whose been clean and sober over 22 years in AA, so I guess I land somewhere between philosophy and spirituality?
4. Favorite ethnic food?
Ethiopian. There’s just something very primal and sensual about eating with your hands.
5. How do you spend a typical evening at home?
On the couch with my wife and two maltipoos, watching TV and surfing the ‘Net on my IPod.
6. What is something most people do not know about you?
I once got a phone call from Ellen Degeneres.
7. How are you different from your online person and your real-world persona?
I’m always just as I appear, whether in the virtual or real world. Not sure if that’s good or bad…
8. Who, living or dead, is your personal hero?
Tough one, because there’s not just one. A few examples, in no particular order, are Gavin Newsome, Ellen DeGeneres, Dara Torres, and Rosa Parks.
9. What one celebrity would you most want to have as a friend, and why?
Amanda Tapping, because she’s simply an amazing human being. Jaime Murray and Jane Espenson would be close seconds.
10. What are your creative outlets?
I used to do a lot of photorealistic cross stitching, but lately the most creative thing I do is cosplay at Dragon*Con every year.